The Good Old Days

I'm an old-fashioned type of girl. I remember the old Mom & Pop shops in the neighborhood, the old corner stores that would special order an item for you if you asked them, no matter the overhead. I think this is what drew me to the Esty experience in the first place.

One of the things that I like best about owning my own busineses is the satisfaction I personally can give customers. Knowing that someone actually "likes" a product I create with my own hands is still thrill-worthy for me as a person; hopefully, as I expand, it will always remain a pleasure.

I take pride in the fact that, a small business, GreenFamilyTree is far different from the cold, unfeeling approach some larger corporations give online. I've made many a purchase online and have felt, in some instances, like I'm dealing with a huge, faceless machine, that has no other concern than making the bottom line shiny. Terrible interface, cold customer service experiences... you name it, I've received it.

Joining the Handmade Community has been a very fulfilling experience for me.All of the experiences I've had with other family-run businesses, and other Etsians have always been pleasant and satisfying, from initiation to completion of sale.

All of the professional lingo aside, GreenFamilyTree is a family run business.
I hope each customer knows that, behind every purchase in my shop is a real person, who really cares about your experience with my products.

On the flip side, family run businesses are sometimes at the mercy of things that would normally cause the larger corporations to simply wince, re-organize and continue on with the beautification of the bottom line. However, sometimes, as much as we would like it otherwise, family run businesses run into family issues, that impact the day-to-day operations.

At the end of last year, I came very close to losing my 14 year old son in a car accident. He suffered a brain injury. I thank God every day that we can actually smile a bit and say he "scrambled his egg", yet suffered no further damage, other than the occasional headache and a little grief in the school work department. However, this did upset our GFT apple cart for a few weeks. Unfortunately, we have no corporate executives that can fill in for other corporate executives; no temporary staff to handle fulfillment, shipping, customer services. There is just me and the young man who wants to own his own business one day.

I'm very proud that GFT weathered this storm and managed to come out with only two bad feedback experiences. I'm also very proud that we can continue to offer a quality product, and a one-of-a-kind customer service experience.

I hope that any of you who make the step into our shop has an experience that they can take back with them and say, "I remember the days... and I'm glad those days have come back". If not, then know that transparency goes both ways. Let me know. GreenFamilyTree is always available. In fact, here's a bit more of that transparency... such a cool word, isn't it?

Questions, comments, rants, raves and reviews can be sent to:

green.family.tree@live.com OR

Myrna Alvarado
c/o GreenFamilyTree
293 Turnpike Road #313
Westborough, MA 01581

Let see, now, to highlight my FAVORITE part of posting here...

The Etsy Shop of the Day!

Who can resist Frieda Kahlo? This is a shop that just "hearted" mine; after taking a look around, I had to give this mirror a shout out!
0 Responses