Aren't I just "Chatty Cathy" today?

1000 Markets isn't moving as fast as I would like (simply because I'm an impatient so and so), so I've opened yet ANOTHER shop on Etsy. This time, I believe I've got it right (yeah, I know, next thing you know I'll be calling myself General Motors).

GFT Designs (same name as the 1KM store) is officially open & I'm having a 10% off Grand Opening Sale.

And finally, finally, finally, I've got my "fulfillment department" all set -- orders are ready to be packed and shipped by Friday. Please, Lord, I'm begging you now...

I'll be posting my Artisans of the Day Later, because I'm sure that at least half the world is asleep right now & who is going to see them now?

For those of you who are preparing for the Father's Day rush, I just learned one interesting thing: June 21 is Father's Day in the US, UK & Canada. It's September 6 in Australia & New Zealand. This great site will give you the dates for all kinds of Father's Day Celebrations around the world. Knock that around those creative heads of yours for some real cool promotional ideas!

So, onto some way off business topic ruminations (you can stop reading if you don't wish to be bummed out) This is for you:

I have to make mention of the plane disappearance that happen on June 1. I've been trying to keep track of this all day for any new news. My thoughts and prayers do go out to the family members and for the victims of this terrible event. If this plane has crashed into the Atlantic as all reports indicate, I certainly hope they can find it and bring closure to the families involved.

Lastly, all I have to say about GM's bankruptcy woes is... welcome to the world of normal folk, GM, where there are consequences for bad financial planning. For example; I owned one of the cars you see over there for about 3 years; I ended up giving it up for a Toyota Highlander. I spent (in car payments to that date) about $6,000... I still owed $7K when I gave it up. It was sold at auction for $1600 -- about 1/2 it's fair market value. I know I feel gyped, especially since they still want an additional $4K from me. Blood from a stone, guys, blood from a stone. BTW, for those who don't know, this is a GM Car. Or was, because they stopped making them a few years ago, and as of next year, Pontiac will no longer exist.

I hope that all of the employees that have been severanced after all these years are able to find new work that will equal what they have gotten from working at what was once the most secure job in the US. As I did some research, I realized that GM has been closed to bankruptcy at the very least three times before -- once very soon after its inception. Let's hope they learned their lessons now and can re-emerge a company that is fit for the 21st century.

Okay enough of all that bad news; forgive me, but this just makes me all giggly in a 12 year old kind of way. Even though all of the naughty bits are blurred out, this is not for the faint of heart. I wish more people could have fun with life like this guy.

Now... Go check out the new shop and wish me luck!
0 Responses